May 5, 2008

Obama Rocks

I love Barack Obama. He represents the Hope, Change, Progress that --not only America-- but the whole world is in dire need of. He represents a new era of positive change. As a support to the future president of the US ;0) have remixed Shepard Fairey infamous poster [below]. On top, my gift to the man who mirrors all the colours of the world, its lights and all shades. He's such a positive energy to humanity as a whole, he's certainly able to help people delete 'the wicked Bush years.' So here it is; a pop design for Rocking Oby --[a play on Fairey's Mega OBEY].
Here is the Progress visual, one of the triptych [Hope, Change, Progress] created by Obey's Shepard Fairey as a support to Obama; the original limited edition offset lithographs got sold on eBay, as fast as a lightning; signed and numbered by the artist, their price reached US $900. Even the stickers are selling like pancakes and, if I remember correctly, they are sold out too.
"I wanted to make an art piece of Barack Obama because I thought an iconic portrait of him could symbolize and amplify the importance of his mission. I believe Obama will guide this country to a future where everyone can thrive and I should support him vigorously for the sake of my two young daughters. I have made art opposing the Iraq war for several years, and making art of Obama, who opposed the war from the start, is like making art for peace. I know I have an audience of young art fans and I’m delighted if I can encourage them to see the merits of Barack Obama.” Shepard Fairey

No comments: